Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Atleast it's Giraffe Print

I just spent more than I make in a day on a straightener. I also got my entire head of hair curled by a smooth-talking guy named Angelo from Israel at the mall.

It happened like this:
 I was doing a little Christmas shopping and a little personal splurging at the mall tonight. I wasn't on much of a mission. I'd found some great deals and was heading into one of my favorite stores when this young man stopped me and asked how I did my hair every morning. Apparently I was in a chatty mood, so I played along. I stopped, I talked, I sat in his chair.

He straightened my hair.
He curled my hair.
He talked about Italy.
He talked about my wedding.
He talked about fashion.
And he talked about traveling.
He asked me my favorite color from his wide selection of 100% ceramic stylers with lifetime waranties, floating plates, wet-to-straight capabilites and infrared heat garaunteed not to damage hair.

I said giraffe print. I mean clearly, how can you not pick the giraffe?
You have to pick the giraffe.

The next thing I knew he was ringing up my purchase for half price (did I say yes yet? I don't remember saying I was going to buy anything) and telling me about this fantastic revitalizing olive oil shampoo that he was going to give me free, just because it was my special day. The world's best straightener for half price and free $30 shampoo? On my special day? How could I say no?


Please, friends, be kind. Let's all pretend my hair looks so much better with such a high quality straightener next time we meet.

2 comments:

  1. That happened to me once. I bought hand salts and lotion for $30. At least you were talked into something your going to use and not just use twice and put in the bathroom cabinet and forget about.
    hahaha love the story tho!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Too funny. Do you like it? I want to see a picture of the curled hair!

    ReplyDelete