Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Send me Sunshine

My soundtrack for this summer up until two days ago was completely Bright Eyes. I listened to selections from Cassadaga all the way to Spain and back, around every 3-5 mile walk around the lakes, and everywhere inbetween. How could I not? If you can appreciate some quiet acoustic with somewhat obscure but meaningful lyrics, you might enjoy them. It's alot about searching and finding your place - connecting dots, if you will.

All your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse / Every reassurance just magnifies the doubt / Better find yourself a place to level out

Then I graduated to pandora's Bright Eyes radio, which includes bands in the same genre. That's where I discovered Band of Horses and The 88. Band of Horses is this great indie band from Seattle that once toured with Iron & Wine (another new favorite band).I don't know what else The 88 sings, but there is one song that my itunes tells me I have listened to twentyfour times since Monday.

Because you need a place to stay / And I’ve been feeling dead since you went away / You better believe what I tell you cause you’re coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment