Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'll show you improvement

Most universities have fall break days. You know the type. A day or two off the beginning or end of a week to prolong a weekend and give students a chance to go home or just enjoy fall in general. Not ours. No, folks, we have a mysterious "University Improvement Day" on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday, you ask? No one knows. Students don't know, Professors don't know, other faculty have no answers. We have no idea why it's a Tuesday, but you won't find me complaining. Tuesdays are my "long days" each week - three whole classes in one day.

I didn't have plans for this glorious day of freedom until I was heading home from work at 9am this morning. Pajamas, movies, and baking. All day.

Here's what's on the menu:
Whole wheat banana bread
Apple cranberry muffins, possibly coffee cake
Little Miss Sunshine
Patch Adams
The Breakup
Maybe a batch or two of chocolate chip cookies.

Thankyou, University, for improving my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment