Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ending Slavery

We're currently working on a couple campus events for the fall! I need to figure out how to create some sweet promo flyers, but we will be showing a video produced by the International Justice Mission called At the End of Slavery in a few weeks. IJM is sponsoring the Weekend to End Slavery November 14-15, but that snuck up on us a little too fast. We're holding our event the 19th now, with a freedom store coming the first week in December. I'm no good at planning committees but all my policy and non-profit propoganda from class is making me think about politics. I'll let you know how that develops.
Til then, check out http://www.slaverymap.org/ - just in case you didn't realize there are slaves in your own backyard. There's even a reported case in Renton where I grew up.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, how did your showing go? We just did one in Atlanta and had about 100 folks come out. We had 2 reps from DC (one being the IJM's Dir. of SE Asia) and another lady that just returned from Cambodia. My cousin is the drummer for Third Day so we were really able to rally up folks.

    Oh, by the way, Hi, my name is Terri Anne, and I am survivor myself, and w/Redeemed Ministries/Sparrows Nest and NFS in Houston. :)

    ReplyDelete