Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Greetings From Scrooge

It's currently three days before Christmas, and I just had an inner debate on the appropriateness of Christmas music. I hate Christmas music. Most of it is sappy, cheesey, corny, or otherwise obnoxious. The majority of such tunes usually mention four letter words such as s-n-o-w, c-o-l-d, l-o-v-e, or some other form of "Christmas magic". If it wasn't enough that these songs blare from every radio station and cd player you blink at, they usually start long before there's any sign of snow on the ground, and continue after the last of the holiday paper has been thrown away.

If you must force your merriment upon us in musical form, keep it to a week or two. As previously mentioned, I'm not sure if it should be allowed even three days before the big day.

At this point I should probably admit that I'm trying to work on my scroogy-ness. Meaning I'm trying to listen to Christmas music. Although an overwhelming 133 songs of the season creeped their way onto my itunes, I'm only allowing selections from Leigh Nash, Kevin Max, and the Transiberian Orchestra to sing about it today. We'll see if any more make the cut a little closer to Christmas, but it's not looking hopeful.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh... I love Christmas music.. remember I'm the one that listens to it almost year round????

    ReplyDelete