Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Connecting Dots

Apologies for the gap in my life over the summer. I got busy with three jobs and enjoying the great little town of Winona before I moved. I now reside in the suburbs where nothing goes on and there is little life to be found. I'm currently waiting for my job to start in Rochester and then once I know where I'll be a little more permanently, I'll find ways to get involved. Volunteer. Make friends. Find a church. Throw parties. Join a community. Have a life. Buy a dog. Maybe even land a job.

So since I have no job, I'm more or less new to town (it's been a long time since I really lived here) and everybody works full time, I'm a little antsy. I need to go exploring. I'll be done in Roch by early November, if not sooner, and looking to go somewhere.

Today's potential destinations:
Italy
Budapest*
Roadtrip to the end of I90 W*
France*
Italy
Spain*, but I've already been there
England, but if I waited til Spring I'd have travel companions
Italy
Vienna
San Francisco
Bangladesh*

*Indicates places where I have connections - if not places to stay then atleast tour guides or people to visit and explore with.
Where did your last journey take you? Any great ideas/deals for me? Please share!

1 comment:

  1. Moscow was my last trip. I strongly suggest going somewhere other than Western Europe (there's something to be said for going somewhere that everyone you know hasn't gone), and it'll do more to bolster the concept that not all white people/countries are just like ours. Eastern Europe is great for this (and after the plane ticket, most everything will be cheaper in Eastern Europe than Western), and of those, Budapest is one of the most highly regarded cities anywhere to visit. Others I'd recommend are Prague or Warsaw. And of course Moscow, but that process is more complicated, and expensive, so you might be better off tasting a little easier part of Eastern Europe first.

    ReplyDelete