Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not What I Expected

Welcome back, friends. The last six weeks have not at all been what I expected.

For example,
I was not expecting to be handed a fulltime job less than a month into this temporary position.
     I really was not expecting that job to be case work. (Use my Social Work license? What?)

I was not expecting to be looking for apartments in Rochester. I had no idea apartments were so expensive around here.
     I really was not expecting to get denied and approved the same day for the apartment I wanted. I also wasn't expecting to get a two-bedroom for the price of a one-bedroom.

I wasn't expecting my job to make me want to cry the first three days. (It's not so overwhelming anymore). I wasn't expecting my clients to know the system better than any of my colleagues.

I wasn't expecting to ever be able to eat with chopsticks, but I suppose I should have been. I wasn't expecting a crocodile foot on the counter with breakfast.

I wasn't expecting to be in Minnesota for another year. Last winter was supposed to be the last of negative temperatures and shoveling and shivering and hating on snow and ice. But nonetheless, I'm looking forward to everything else I can't expect or plan for.

Stay tuned for Misadventures of Living on My Own.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment