Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Fourth Tenor

It turned out to be a dark, chilly evening. My house was quiet and I was sleepy and pensive. This combination is perfect for cuddling under blankets in sweatpants with an eclectic collection of opera on itunes with my leather bound journal and a lot of blank pages in front of me.

Even better with a soy latte, but I hope to be asleep soon. Journaling is always therapeutic for me, and there's been a lot on my mind about my future as of late. But the opera got the better of me tonight.

Andrea Bocelli made me cry. This man is amazing. If nothing else, just listen to Canto Della Terra once. If it doesn't touch your soul, please, carry on with your life as usual. But give the blind tuscan a chance. He was once called "the most beautiful voice in the world", and I believe it. According to my sources at itunes, Andrea was a disciple of Pavarotti and I don't know what else you could ask for from an Italian tenor.

I may be partial to tenors 'cause my Daddy is a tenor and he sang a lot of Pavarotti and John Denver in his pickup truck when I was little. I also happen to be partial to Italian because I once sang an Italian aria, and all the best things come from Italy. Espresso, leather shoes, opera. And now Andrea Bocelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment