Monday, August 31, 2009

I didn't want to go to class anyway

Last week I was sitting in my kitchen talking to my friend and fellow senior about the last year of school. Really doesn't seem neccessary at this point. I vaguely remember saying I didn't want to finish this year. Apparently someone took me a little too seriously.

Every semester since coming to WSU I've received a scholarship that pays for most of school. Every semester this scholarship comes in right before the school deadline, so every semester I get a nasty email threatening to cancel my registration unless I pay in full. So I send back a polite email saying my scholarship is coming in, they can check my records, and then I will gladly pay the balance once all that is settled. Every semester the scholarship shows up, I pay, I go to class.
End of story.

Last week I got the nasty, threatening email. Last week I responded politely promising the scholarship was going to show up. Have I mentioned that we do this every semester?

Apparently this year something changed. I have a suspicion school started even earlier this fall, and my scholarship goes by a set calendar. I'm pretty sure WSU moved up their deadline, cause I got an even nastier email this afternoon.

Hi, this email is to inform you that you are nolonger a student at WSU. Your registration has been cancelled and you nolonger have to pay for your classes, as you aren't enrolled and will not graduate. You can, however, pay $500 for that laptop you never wanted since you already owned one. Yes, we are sending this email out 30 minutes before the business office closes so there is very little chance you will be able to do anything about this until after work and class and various appointments tomorrow. Have a good day.

WSU account services and I are going to have a little chat tomorrow. I'm going in armed with printed emails and documentation of said scholarship. And a little red-head fury. This might not be pretty. Be forewarned, account services.

No comments:

Post a Comment