Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Left my Heart....

It's back, folks, and it's bad. Maybe it has something to do with moving 6 times in 10 years, maybe it's inherited from a Dad who really loves roadtrips, or maybe I just always want to be somewhere I'm not, but I've got the travel bug.

It's not like I haven't gone anywhere in awhile. In March I was in Nashville, May was Seattle, June was Spain, and tomorrow I'm headed off to Chicago. Sidetrips like Duluth last week and Madison next month hardly count, though I suppose an amateur might consider them roadtrips.

Where I really want to go is San Francisco. I search for cheap flights every couple weeks and it doesn't help that they aren't too expensive next month. I went once in 2004 and and went back in 2008, and I've never recovered. It's true what they say. I left my heart there. I love everything about the City. The diversity, the history, the cultures, the pacific coast, the bridge, the trolley cars, the hippies and hipsters and homeless people, the art scene, the hills, Philz coffee, the activists, the stories, and all the social movements that stem from this city. It's incredible. Throw in a couple hundred songs about the city, burn a cd and get in your car. Let's go.

1 comment:

  1. Really like the picture of the GG bridge but I have to be honest I have no idea what the draw to that city is. I imagine it does have it's romantic side, and I do know my wife loves it. I saw a really nice black and white photo of the fog rolling in across the bay and falling across the bridge, that was an insane picture.

    ReplyDelete