Friday, June 5, 2009

I am the Special One

It didn´t take Katrina all that long to decide that I was "the special one". This could have something to do with the fact that we repeatedly say the some thing at the same moment (in multiple languages, even) or the fact that I just have a knack for finding myself in interesting situations.
Scenario one: my swimsuit broke the second day I wore it. Granted, it was just the clasp keeping it together in the back, but this still made it unwearable. After many laughs and attempts to use random hooks and pins, I discovered a keychain is pretty much better than the plastic clasp that keeps your swimsuit together in the back. You can imagine the time it took to come across this genius discovery, much less the time it takes to put fabric loops through a keychain before discovering you´ve twisted your swimsuit while doing so, making half of it inside out. This may have been the point at which Katrina first broke into the "you are the special one" song.
Another moment came about last night at the Morrocan tettaria (tea house) last night when we all ordered our tea. Morrocan tea is a fantastic experience that I greatly reccomend. The couches and colors and sweet lighting and decorations all add to the experience - and the way they make tea is sometimes quite the process. Anyway we all ordered our tea and they bring out sugar (they LOVE their sugar) and glass tea cups and individual teapots and tea cozies and a Morrocan version of biscotti. Everything was beautiful and wonderful minus the fact that I had everything but the hot water. Katrina started singing again. There are pictures to go along with each story probably but we still don´t have working internet unless we are at the center, which is where we are currently.
There are more stories but my first exercise class has finished and we are going with the couple Katrina works with for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment